Saturday, July 19, 2008

My 1st blog post....ever!!



O.K. girls, bear with me. This will officially be my 1st blog post ever!! YAY!!! Like Chrystie, I don't *really* have lots of news with Joshie. He's in summer school until Wed. of next week then he's off until Sept. We're quickly approaching his 5th birthday (the 31st) & I STILL am having a hard time wrapping that around my brain.....where did the time go??

He's LOVING Hippotherapy & I really can tell a difference in his core strength since he started. It's really gotten alot better & his 1-hand supported walking is really improving. I think we still have a ways to go to the ever elusive independent steps but he is on the right track.

That's about it for us. Mia is almost 18 months & is SUCH a chatterbox!! We call her the little monkey cause she climbs on EVERYTHING!!! She really looks out for her brother is constantly smothering him with kisses (which he's not really into ;)

That's about it with us...taking the kiddos to Disneyland tomorrow to celebrate my nephew's & Joshie's b-day!! I'm sure I'll have a TON of pics to share!! For now, here is one of Joshie on his horse, Peanut & another of him at the park on the swing...his FAVE!!! Look at that smile!!!!

5 comments:

ellen :) said...

Melissa,

Awesome to "see" you here! :)
The pics are TOO cute!! I love seeing his beautiful smile!! :)
I am so glad to hear he's doing well with his strength... that's awesome! And walking with one hand support sounds FABULOUS to me, girl!! :) Have fun at Disneyland!! :)
(Hey, how about some Mia pics?) ;)

Ellen :)

Chrystie said...

I love that you're blog de-virginized, Melissa!! And I love the pics of Joshie even more! He is such a handsome little boy. BOY, for sure. No longer a baby! He is absolutely precious and I love to hear how well our kids do with things like hippotherapy. We will put Ellie on the (two-year) waiting list next year. Here, they only start hippotherapy at age 6. How long will Joshie keep doing the hippotherapy? He just looks SO GOOD! Now we need some pics of Mia! (Hint hint...)

Sheila said...

Great job on your first post, Melissa! I haven't been "de-virginized" (as Chrystie calls it) yet! I'll try it soon though. I love the pics and agree with Chrystie, Joshie is so handsome! I'm thrilled to hear he's doing so well.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

WTG on the post! Joshie looks great! I want to see pics of that little chunk-a-roo Mia!!!!!

Teehee... I just read the posts to the side, and apparently EVERYBODY wants to see Mia. Get on it girl!

KPKoze said...

He's so handsome!!! I'm so excited to see some great posts about hippotherapy too as I think we'll be pursuing that as Hunter gets older. Does he just love it? I bet he's going to just love Disneyland too (my DH is just dying to go LOL). Have a great time!!!! Bring back some of those pics too!!!

Kristi

Where Are You?