Saturday, July 12, 2008

Botox and Serial Casting next Friday!

Andres has another botox appointment next Friday because his legs have become tight again. The good thing is that this time his first serial cast will be placed the same day that he has the botox done. I'm excited because I love what the botox did last time; (with the exception of that idiot doctor taking off his casts WAY too early) but at the same time I'm dreading it because he did horrible when he came out of the anaesthesia. Well that, and it made bathing him a little challenging. I hope this all goes well~If it's anything like last time, he'll be trying to be more independent within the next month. I'll keep you posted of how everything goes after the surgery! :-D

-Angelica

4 comments:

KPKoze said...

BEST OF LUCK!!! Anesthesia sucks but it's a necessary evil for it all. I would love to hear how things go because that's the course of treatment our new therapist thinks we should take too and I would love to hear some positive outcomes!!! I'll be thinking of you on Friday!

Kristi

Amy said...

Yeah, me too!! I am wondering if botox would help Emma's arms, but I am so afraid. Her brain is very hurt, and I worry about the anesthesia and what it might do to her. It sounds like the botox worked great for you guys. Is it something you have to keep doing because it wears off after a while?? Just curious. Keep us posted since I am researching this too.

Amy said...

Oops, I forgot to wish you good luck too. I didn't know how to go back and edit the previous post.

ellen :) said...

Good luck! I am sending prayers your way! :)

Ellen :)

Where Are You?