Tuesday, July 29, 2008

**EARTHQUAKE**!!!!! We're safe & sound.....

This morning at approximately 11:42 am So Cal had an earthquake!! I've lived here all my life so this is nothing new, however, this is the 1st "big one" since I had my kiddos & I was terrified!!! 1st instinct was to grab them both & run to the doorway until the shaking stopped. Of course, it didn't faze either of them & they were actually mad that I took them away from "Barney"!!!
The early reports are reporting that it was a 5.8 & centered in Chino Hills which is about 35 miles away. But the shaking was strong & the rumbles were loud! It always amazes me how you can actually HEAR the earth shake....it starts out like the earth's stomach is growling & just gets louder & louder!!....SCARY!!
Anyways, we're all o.k....just wanted to let you all know :)

3 comments:

Sheila said...

OMG, Melissa! How scary! So glad you're all safe and sound! Thanks for letting us know.

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

I heard it on the radio this moring and was wondering if you were ok. They said it didn't do much damage, so that was a sigh of relief!!!! Thanks for letting us know. I was going to text you if I hadn't heard from you today!

Chrystie said...

I thought of you, too, Melissa, when I heard the news! I figured you were okay, since the damage doesn't seem to be *too* bad (although I'm sure you're worried about "hidden" structural damage), but it's always comforting to know for sure. So, phew (that's me breathing a sigh of relief ;-))! Love ya!!

Where Are You?