Monday, September 8, 2008

We need prayers,too, please

I wanted to say good luck to Logen on his first day of kindergarten. Jess, I remember that old pic that used to be your avatar on the OBBC a long time ago with Logen as a little guy in the tube in the pool. WOW! I can't believe he's 5 already!!

We also could use some prayers for Sammy. He is starting in the integrated preschool tomorrow for a half day. Brian will be bringing him since I have to be at school, too, and I wouldn't be able to stay as long as I would like until I felt comfortable leaving him! So Brian can stay for a while and make sure he's cool with it. He's visited twice now, and he's ok with being left with others, but I am freaking out because he is SO helpless, has ZERO mobility and has ZERO speech with people who have no clue about his quirks and how he does communicate in his own way. I keep telling myself that I am leaving God to take care of him while he's there and I prayed on Sunday at church that his teachers have the strength and patience needed to take care of him and help him learn. I feel a little better because his lead teacher has a 27 year-old son with very severe CP. I guess who better to take him than someone who's lived it themselves?? ANd he will be getting more therapy there, so I'm happy about that....

Luke is LOVING middle school. See, just goes to show that all of my freaking out about him getting lost and getting picked on and being overwhelmed was for nothing! He is doing great! :)

And I am loving my new 4th grade class! My principal moved my sister from 1st grade last year to 4th and my other sister from 1st grade to 4th this year and me from 5th to 4th this year and then didn't hire a 4th teacher for the grade, so we all got stuck with more kids. UGH! So we have the ED classroom for 4th grade in the area with us, which has actually been great for them and a learning experience for us. I thought I would hate the grade, but the kids are much sweeter and innocent, so i am loving it! I guess everything happens for a reason!! :)

Alright, I'm off to do some homework and then to bed... hope everyone else is doing great!! Sheila---I'm dying to know how Malayna is doing in school, girl!! Update time, everybody!!!! :)


Ellen :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Ellen, I just have to tell you too, Sammy will be fine. One thing I have learned with Jason through the years is that Teachers tend to want to help him. They see him and take him under their wings, almost too much at times, LOL. I hope Sammy had a great time and is excited to go back. And how wonderful that the teacher has experience with CP on a personal level, that is God taking care of things right there in my opinion. He is already watching out for your lil man. :o)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say HELLO, Ellen :)
Miss you around here!!

Where Are You?